About the Roundcube webmail project
This project is a free and open source webmail solution with a desktop-like user interface which is easy to install/configure and that runs on a standard LAMPP server. The skins use the latest web standards such as XHTML and CSS 2. Roundcube includes other sophisticated open-source libraries such as PEAR, an IMAP library derived from IlohaMail the TinyMCE rich text editor, Googiespell library for spell checking or the WasHTML sanitizer by Frederic Motte.
- Available in over 70 languages
- Drag-&-drop message management
- Full support for MIME and HTML messages
- Sophisticated privacy protection
- Compose messages with attachments
- Multiple sender identities
- Full featured address book with groups and LDAP connectors
- Find-as-you-type address book integration
- Richtext/HTML message composing
- Forwarding messages with attachments
- Searching messages and contacts
- Threaded message listing
- IDNA support
- Spell checking
- IMAP folder management
- Shared/global IMAP folders
- Support for external SMTP server
- Support for access control lists (ACL)
- Built-in caching for fast mailbox access
- Unlimited users and messages
- Template system for custom skins
- Plug-in API for flexible exensions
- Support for PGP and S/MIME encryption
- Online calendar module
- Saved mail and address book searches
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Attachment previews
- Import/export functions
- Admin interface
See the development roadmap for more.
- Apache, Lighttpd, Cherokee or Hiawatha web server
- PHP Version 5.2.1 or greater
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite or MSSQL database
- An IMAP server which supports IMAP4 rev1
- An SMTP server (recommended) or PHP configured for mail delivery
Roundcube Webmail is released under the GNU General Public License
version 3 or any later version with exceptions for skins and plugins.
Everyone is welcome to download and use it, deploy it and to re-distribute it. The code is provided «as-is» and in no event shall the copyright owner or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages.
Roundcube provides a streamlined user interface. The default skin includes icons designed by Stephen Horlander and Kevin Gerich for Mozilla.org.
The Kolab Groupware Solution uses Roundcube as its web client. It offers a full email and groupware server out of the box including LDAP address books, calendars, tasks, mobile synchronization and much more.